Sunday 12 February 2017

Not forgetting the positives

The Stanley Brothers
We all want to do better, but constantly bemoaning one's inadequacies makes you sound and feel like a loser, and that isn't good for one's confidence or credibility. So maybe it's time to reflect briefly on the positives.

When I read some of the posts on Mandolincafe.com about the difficulties of others, I begin to feel grateful that I've got as far as I have. I can sing. I have a repertoire of over 30 suitably Grassy songs which I know by heart. I can accompany those songs using three and four finger chop chords. My timing has improved. And I can usually find the key in sessions and work out the chords if they follow the simple 3-chord trick. I'm used to performing and don't suffer from nerves in the way that many others do.

That's enough self-congratulation. Now back to picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment