Saturday 30 December 2023

Review of 2023

Last folk club meeting of 2023
I carved out the time to practice regularly during this year, if only for 20 minutes a day, and this paid off. I should put more effort into learning new technique, but lack of time forces me to concentrate mainly on rehearsing songs for upcoming performance. 

My biggest achievement was reviving my Old Time repertoire with guitar. I hadn't played the guitar regularly since I was a teenager, and it wasn't something I'd used for regular public performance. I'd also not done the OT songs since 2019. But the songs came back and I learnt to play an alternating bass-strum Country Guitar pattern without too much trouble.

I also bought the Tenor Banjo and started doing my Irish tunes on it, which I can now play at least as well as I did on Mandolin. 

With the time spent on Guitar, I somewhat neglected the Irish Bouzouki but I am currently making up for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment